REQUIREMENTS TO PRESENTATIONS
The main task when creating a presentation for a conference is to visualize the information using drawings, graphs and tables. The presentation complements the oral report, and not vice versa.
When making a presentation, you must be guided by the following general requirements:
- The presentation should be created taking into account that the report has to last 15 – 20 minutes. During this time, you need to clearly and informatively state the results of your work;
- Language of a presentation should be Russian or English;
- It is recommended to create presentations in PowerPoint, the finished presentation file must be saved and sent in * .pptx, * .ppt or * .pdf format to the firstname.lastname@example.org conference email no later than November 15, 2019
Requirements to the design of presentations:
- On each slide, except the title one, the serial number of the slide should be indicated;
- For headlines, use the same font of the same size on all slides of the presentation;
- You can use a different font for the main text of the slides, but it should also be the same on all slides. Better use a sans-serif font (such as Arial or Calibri);
- Font size: for headings — not less than 24. For the main text — not less than 20;
- The text on the slide must be aligned to the left (not in width);
- Fields and paragraph indentions should be the same on all slides;
- Use cool light colors for the background. The best option: the background is white (or close to it), the text is black, dark blue or another very dark color;
- Adhere to a consistent style across all presentation slides.
An example of slides design:
The following information should be presented on the title slide:
- topic (title) of the report;
- surname, name, patronymic of the speaker;
- organization represented by the speaker;
- city where the speaker comes from.
An example of title slide design:
NOTES FOR THE SPEAKERS PRESENTING AT THE PLENARY SESSION
The plenary session of the conference will be held in the assembly hall of the main building of the PNRPU — this is a large room with two standard-sized screens located high above the floor, on the left and right sides of the stage. The large size of the hall does not allow distinguishing small details of drawings and small print on presentation slides. For the best perception of the information presented on the slides by the audience, we recommend that the plenary session speakers:
- Use a large font size (size) — at least 20;
- Place no more than 10 lines of text on one slide;
- Maximize the size of figures and tables.
PUBLICATION OF THE PROCEEDINGS