REQUIREMENTS TO PRESENTATIONS
The main task when creating a presentation for a conference is to visualize the information using drawings, graphs and tables. The presentation complements the oral report, and not vice versa.
When making a presentation, you must be guided by the following general requirements:
- The presentation should be created taking into account that the report has to last 15 – 20 minutes. During this time, you need to clearly and informatively state the results of your work;
- Language of a presentation should be Russian or English;
- It is recommended to create presentations in PowerPoint, the finished presentation file must be saved and sent in * .pptx, * .ppt or * .pdf format to the firstname.lastname@example.org conference email no later than November 15, 2019
Requirements to the design of presentations:
- On each slide, except the title one, the serial number of the slide should be indicated;
- For headlines, use the same font of the same size on all slides of the presentation;
- You can use a different font for the main text of the slides, but it should also be the same on all slides. Better use a sans-serif font (such as Arial or Calibri);
- Font size: for headings — not less than 24. For the main text — not less than 20;
- The text on the slide must be aligned to the left (not in width);
- Fields and paragraph indentions should be the same on all slides;
- Use cool light colors for the background. The best option: the background is white (or close to it), the text is black, dark blue or another very dark color;
- Adhere to a consistent style across all presentation slides.
An example of slides design:
The following information should be presented on the title slide:
- topic (title) of the report;
- surname, name, patronymic of the speaker;
- organization represented by the speaker;
- city where the speaker comes from.
An example of title slide design:
NOTES FOR THE SPEAKERS PRESENTING AT THE PLENARY SESSION
The plenary session of the conference will be held in the assembly hall of the main building of the PNRPU — this is a large room with two standard-sized screens located high above the floor, on the left and right sides of the stage. The large size of the hall does not allow distinguishing small details of drawings and small print on presentation slides. For the best perception of the information presented on the slides by the audience, we recommend that the plenary session speakers:
- Use a large font size (size) — at least 20;
- Place no more than 10 lines of text on one slide;
- Maximize the size of figures and tables.
PUBLICATION OF THE PROCEEDINGS
In order to publish proceedings in the Special Issue of the journal dedicated to the Conference (No. 4, 2019), it is necessary to send the manuscript along with the supplementing documents with a note “Article to the IV International Conference “From Waste Management to Resource Recovery” to the Conference e-mail: email@example.com. The decision on the publication of articles in the Special Issue No. 4 of 2019 will be made by the Conference organizing committee.
In order to publish articles in issues No. 2, 2019 and No. 2, 2020, it is necessary to send a package of documents to the e-mail of the journal’s editorial board: firstname.lastname@example.org. The final decision on the publication of articles will be made by the editorial board of the journal.
2) “ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH, ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT” — peer-reviewed scientific journal included in the SCOPUS database.
First published in 1995, the journal “Environmental Research, Engineering and Management” (EREM) is an international multidisciplinary journal designed to serve as a roadmap for understanding complex issues and debates of sustainable development. EREM publishes peer-reviewed scientific papers which cover research in the fields of environmental science, engineering (pollution prevention, resource efficiency), management, energy (renewables), agricultural and biological sciences, and social sciences. EREM is included in the SCOPUS database since 2016.
EREM’s topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- environmental research, environmental monitoring, and climate change;
- environmental pollution — impact assessment, mitigation, and prevention;
- environmental engineering, sustainable production, and eco-innovations;
- environmental management, strategy, standards, social responsibility;
- environmental economics, policy, and law;
- sustainable consumption and education.
The writing language of manuscripts to be published in EREM is English (UK).
Manuscripts should be organized in the following manner:
- affiliation(s) of the author(s),
- key words (up to five),
- materials and methods,
- results and discussion,
- acknowledgements (if relevant),
- references (in Roman script).
Authors are requested to ensure that abstracts give concise factual information about the objectives of the work, the methods used, the results obtained and the conclusions reached. A recommended length for the abstracts is 2.000 characters (with spaces). A recommended length for the manuscripts is approx. 25. – 35.000 characters (with spaces).
Manuscripts should be supplemented with the information about the author(s): name, position, organization, main research areas, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address.
To publish the proceedings in the special section of the journal dedicated to the Conference, it is necessary to send the manuscript along with the supplementing documents with a note “Article to the IV International Conference “From Waste Management to Resource Recovery” online via the journal's website: http://erem.ktu.lt/index.php/erem/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions
The decision on the publication of articles will be made by EREM editorial board.
Detailed information on how to prepare the papers for publication in the EREM journal is given here: http://erem.ktu.lt/index.php/erem/about/submissions#authorGuidelines
3) “MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE” — a practice-oriented specialized monthly journal.
Full information about the journal is available on the website: http://www.solidwaste.ru/english.html
The journal is published 12 times a year and has a practical focus.
All the proceedings submitted for publication in the information partners’ journals will be reviewed by the editorial boards of journals.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PRESENTATIONS
Webpage is currently being developed.